Supreme Court of India Judgement on CD Roms, High Court Cases, Judgments from various Tribunals and other bodies on Indian Civil Law, Criminal Law India, Banking Law, Law of Intellectual Property Rights, Rent Control Act, Services Cases, Free Indian Bare Acts, Dishonor of Cheques CDs and a lot more at Indianlawcds.com
Bare Acts - Current Statutes 2005 Amendments
Parliament Acts :
THE PREVENTION OF TERRORISM (REPEAL) ACT, 2004
[No. 26 OF 2004]
[December 21, 2004]
An Act to repeal the Prevention of Terrorism Act, 2002
Be it enacted by Parliament in the Fifty-fifth Year of the Republic
of India as follows: -
1. Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Prevention of Terrorism (Repeal) Act, 2004.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 21st day of September, 2004.
2. Repeal of Act 15 of 2002 and saving
(1) The Prevention of Terrorism Act, 2002 (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act) is hereby repealed.
(2) The repeal of the principal Act shall not affect -
(a) the previous operation of, or anything duly done or suffered under the principal Act, or
(b) any right, privilege or obligation or liability acquired, accrued or incurred under the principal Act, or
(c) any penalty, forfeiture or punishment incurred in respect of any offence under the principal Act, or
(d) any investigation, legal proceeding or remedy in respect of any such right, privilege, obligation, liability, penalty, forfeiture or punishment as aforesaid,
and, any such investigation, legal proceeding or remedy may be instituted, continued or enforced and any such penalty, forfeiture or punishment may be imposed as if the principal Act had not been repealed ;
Provided that notwithstanding anything contained in this sub-section or in any other law for the time being in force, no court shall take cognizance of an offence under the principal Act after the expiry of the period of one year from the commencement of this Act.
(3) Notwithstanding the repeal of Section 60 of the principal Act, the Review Committee constituted by the Central Government under sub-section (1) of that section, whether or not an application under sub-section (4) of that section has been made, shall review all cases registered under the principal Act as to whether there is a prima facie case for proceeding against the accused thereunder and such review shall be completed within a period of one year from the commencement of this Act and where the Review Committee is of the opinion that there is no prima facie case for proceeding against the accused, then, -
(a) in cases in which cognizance has been taken by the court, the cases shall be deemed to have been withdrawn; and
(b) in cases in which investigations are pending, the investigations shall be closed forthwith,
with effect from the date of issuance of the direction by such Review Committee in this regard.
(4) The Review Committee constituted by the Central Government under sub-section (1) of Section 60 of the principal Act shall, while reviewing cases, have powers of a civil court under the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (5 of 1908) in respect of the following matters, namely: -
(a) discovery and production of any document;
(b) requisitioning any public record or copy thereof from any court or office.
(5) The Central Government may constitute more Review Committees, as it may consider necessary, for completing the review within the period specified in sub-section (3).
3. Repeal and saving
(1) The Prevention of Terrorism (Repeal) Ordinance, 2004 (Ord. 1 of 2004) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken
under the said Ordinance shall be deemed to have been done or taken
under the corresponding provisions of this Act.
|Back to STATUTES 2005|
Supreme Court of India / High Court Judgment CDs available with us
Of Cheques - 1350 Judgements
(HEAD NOTES) |Criminal
Judgements Online 1950 - 2004 (Head Notes)
Judgments Online 1987–Till Date
Banking Judgments Online - 1980 – Till Date |Supreme Court Civil Procedure Code (CPC) Judgments Online - 1950 - 2004 |
Supreme Court Judgments Online -Yearly CDs 1999,2000, 2001, 2002 , 2003, 2004 (Full Text)- seperate CD for each Year
Supreme Court Judgments Online - 1950 - 2004 (Partially Full Text) | Supreme Court Judgements Online 1997- 2004 (FULL TEXT)
LAWFINDER Recent CIVIL Reports (Full TEXT) Covering SUPREME COURT OF INDIA, All High Courts in India (Since 1984 till date)
LAWFINDER Recent CRIMINAL Reports (FULL TEXT) Covering SUPREME COURT OF INDIA, All High Courts in India
LAWFINDER Recent SERVICE CASES (Full TEXT) Covering SUPREME COURT OF INDIA, All High Courts in India (Since 1991 till date)
LAWFINDER Recent Rent Control Reports (Full TEXT) Covering SUPREME COURT OF INDIA, All High Courts in India (Since 1969 till date)
Law of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) - CD ROM Judgements, Act, Section Wise Digests, Bare Acts, Rules (Since 1950 till date)